Social icons

Butternut Squash + Carrot Soup {you're welcome}

1.28.2014
Like I said yesterday, this soup is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. I literally put in an early order before I go home to have my mom make this for me. I just think it is so delicious, and so filling! This recipe makes a lot, which I like because I like to save it and eat it throughout the week. I hope you love it as much as I do!

Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
adapted from the Williams Sonoma recipe :)

1 lg butternut squash (about 3 lbs) peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
3 lg carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 Tbs olive oil
Kosher Salt and Freshly ground pepper
1 lg yellow onion thinly sliced
1 lg granny smith apple
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups of chicken stock
2 fresh thyme sprigs

Preheat the oven to 450ยบ
Place squash, carrots, 2 Tbs olive oil on a baking sheet and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Roast stirring occasionally until brown and tender, about 45 minutes. Set aside.

In a pot over medium heat, add onion, apple, cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and caramelized, 25-30 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add stock, and thyme sprigs. Decrease heat to medium-low, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.

Working in batches, puree apple-stock mixtures with roasted vegetables in blender until smooth; return soup to pot. Simmer over medium heat 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

This recipe also uses butter and half and half, but I don't eat either of those things, so I didn't add it in.

I made a new pinterest board of recipes I have tried and like as well. So if you are ever needing a recipe, those are recipes I trust and would recommend :)

Also, I have lost 3 lbs since my little journey began! That is huge for me. I haven't lost a pound in a year, so I was way excited :) 


Post a Comment

Copy Right Karli Marie 2014. Powered by Blogger.