Social icons

Healthy Oatmeal Cookies

2.29.2012


I was really wanting to find a good recipe that is healthy, yet delicious at the same time. I really think i found the perfect one. I have made these twice in the past week and everyone seems to love them! I decided to share the recipe (which i found somewhere on pinterest)!

Ingredients:

Dry ingredients
  • 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (I used white)
  • 1 1/2  cups of large Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 TBSP Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Wet Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Honey (tip: run measuring cup under hot water and don't dry it out, then pour your honey in, and it wont stick!)
  • 1/2 cup oil ( I do 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup applesauce)
  • I TBSP Molasses
  • 1 egg (beat with 1 TBSP water)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
If you like
  • 1/2 cup Raisins
  • 1/2 cup Walnuts
Preparation
  1. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
  3. Mix all the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add raisins and walnuts.
  4. Cool the mix in the fridge for 20 minutes
  5. Preheat the oven to 335 degrees (lower temp so honey doesnt melt)
  6. Drop by the teaspoonful onto your baking sheet. (I recommend lining with Parchment Paper)
  7. bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden at the bottom of cookie
  8. Enjoy!


Post a Comment

Copy Right Karli Marie 2014. Powered by Blogger.