Social icons

HOW TO BECOME INSPIRED

2.28.2015
As a graphic designer, there is no time for lack of inspiration. Sometimes I really am just not feeling the good vibes of inspo flowing. The other day when I was sitting there with designers block, I started thinking how it was that I, Karli, get inspired. These are the things I realized I was inspired by. And these ideas truly work for me and are things that I do (some of them) on a daily basis. 

1. Listen to good/new music.
For me, when I am sitting at the computer for hours at a time, I need the music to keep me going. These are a couple of songs I am loving right now. 

2. Get Ready!
As much as I LOVEEEEE wearing my workout clothes, I never feel as good as when I actually take a few minutes to get ready and do my hair and make up. It always makes me feel good and helps me get out of a rut. 

 3. GET OUT OF YOUR USUAL PLACE
This is is pretty much the most important when seeking inspo. You don't have to go all the way to Europe to achieve this either. These are some places you can go to feel inspired that are  
  • Museums
  • Buildings with cool architecture
  • Shopping
  • Visiting a new city
  • Whatever you do, GET OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM AND OFF OF NETFLIX!

4. Get outside and workout!
Or get to the gym. Whichever you prefer. Sometimes if I sit and stare at a computer for too long I lose total creative ability. That is when I legit get up and leave class to go to the gym. I can't wait until it warms up so I can do my workouts outside. I love being outside and go a little crazy if I haven't had fresh air in a while. I NEED MY DAILY WORKOUT!

5. IF YOU ARE SICK OF IT, CHANGE IT
If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I got so incredibly sick of my blonde hair. Last April I died my hair red. I mean red red. I never thought that I would have the guts to do it, but I did and I absolutely loved it. I am currently in the process of going back blonde because now i miss it terribly, but luckily its just hair and we can change it whenever we want! If you are looking for someone to tell you its ok to dye your hair or chop it off, I am your girl. I am a total supporter of change. If you don't like something, aren't happy with something or whatever it may be CHANGE IT!! You are in control. 

6. Lastly, find that person that makes you feel happy and inspired.
Knowing that Taylor is out there working so hard as a missionary, he always makes me want to be better. A better designer, friend, Mormon Etc. I love him so much for it. I know he is growing so much and I want to be growing with him so when we get back together we are the same people just better. As well as having that person who inspires you, surround yourself with other creative individuals. I have loved being able to work with so many people that truly inspire me and make me believe that I can do whatever I put my mind to. 

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?



Post a Comment

Copy Right Karli Marie 2014. Powered by Blogger.