I was really wanting to find a good recipe that is healthy, yet delicious at the same time. I really think i found the perfect one. I have made these twice in the past week and everyone seems to love them! I decided to share the recipe (which i found somewhere on pinterest)!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (I used white)
- 1 1/2 cups of large Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Honey (tip: run measuring cup under hot water and don't dry it out, then pour your honey in, and it wont stick!)
- 1/2 cup oil ( I do 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup applesauce)
- I TBSP Molasses
- 1 egg (beat with 1 TBSP water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add raisins and walnuts.
- Cool the mix in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees (lower temp so honey doesnt melt)
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto your baking sheet. (I recommend lining with Parchment Paper)
- bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden at the bottom of cookie